Teacher Pipeline: Recruitment and Retention
Public schools today lack a racially diverse teacher workforce – creating problems now that will get worse as our student population becomes more diverse. We need to "...expose children to a diverse teaching staff within each of our schools. Every child has a basic right to a great public school with a qualified and caring staff, including educators who look like them, who share similar cultural experiences, and who can serve as role models demonstrating that education and achievement are things to be respected." - Reg Weaver, former President, NEA
- Equity Brief Part I: Racial Parity: The Need for a Diverse Teacher Workforce
- Equity Brief Part II: Recruiting and Retaining Millennial Teachers of Color in Our Classrooms: Challenges and Efforts to Foster Improvement
- The Practitioner’s Perspective: Retained by Faith
- The Practitioner’s Perspective: Teacher Diversity is More than Just a Conversation!
- Monthly Digest: Newsletter from December 2018 and January 2019